How I can help you
By listening and working with you to find the best path to financial success with the gifts you have been given. Through a broader evidence-based view Michael uses his background to provide quality advice through a structured planning process. By having the experience of working through each phase of the business life cycle Michael can share knowledge in the following areas:
Taking an idea and making it into a business model.
Identifying obstacles during the start-up phase.
Overcoming challenges in the growth and expansion phase.
Converting a business to a lifetime of income or giving through a sale, succession, or a multitude of other options.
Memorable “feedback moment” – One day when I was working as an auditor I had my audit manager ask me a strange question. This manager was somewhat gruff and unapproachable and he asked me if I came from a blue collar or white collar background. I said I came from a blue collar background having worked as a mechanic, plumber, and in other trades. Then he told me that he thought so! He said “You always finish a job that you start.” I was surprised that it actually sounded like a compliment coming from someone that has always been very critical.
Roles and Professions I Currently Work in:
Business Succession and Exit Planning – Business Analysis, Planning, and Consulting, Atlanta, GA
Roles and Professions I Have Worked in:
- Compensation and Benefits Program Implementation – Financial Services Firm, Atlanta, GA
- Corporate Lending (Asset Based) – Financial Auditor Commercial Lending, Atlanta, GA
- Tax and Accounting Services– Staff Accountant CPA Firm, Jacksonville, FL
- Accounting and Inventory Control - Computer Retail Store, Tallahassee, FL
- Automotive Mechanic – Volkswagen Dealer
- Motorcycle Mechanic - Motorcycle Shop
- Member of the GSCPA (Georgia Society of CPA's)
- Dekalb Chapter GSCPA - President
- Industry Leadership Council Member GSCPA
- SCORE Atlanta - Treasurer
- Business Networking International (BNI) Buckhead Chapter - VIce President
- Oglethorpe Presbyterian Church - Finance and Administration Committee
Areas of Expertise
- Business Finance & Accounting
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Business Operations
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- Real Estate, Rental Services and Leasing
- Construction, Industrials and Utilities
- Manufacturing & Mining
- Consulting, Research and Business Services
- Retail and Wholesale Trade
Certified Public Accountant/CPA
Florida State University B.S. Degree in Accounting
Miami Date Community College Associates Business and Finance