How I can help you
Expert in Start-Up ideas and helping struggling small businesses turn it around, with a strong emphasis in business operations. My passion is taking the next idea and making it a formidable business, no matter where you and your idea will sprout in this world.
Hello, my name is P. "Simon" Mahler, and like you, I have a strong passion for business. Having been most recently awarded the Nation Builder Award by SCORE and nominated in 2014 & 2015 by Small Business Trends INC as one of "The Most Influential Experts & Leaders for Small Business" in North America, I find that being a small business owner myself can be a daunting and exhausting experience. This is why I love SCORE and volunteer for the organization on a grand scale with no retirement in sight. (HA!) No matter if you are in a rural community or a large scale metropolitan city, I will mentor you until you have exhausted all options and have either succeeded as a business owner or learned lessons about starting a business and officially pivoted. I am passionate to see your idea through the end with unlimited time to assist you in getting going with achieving success for you and your business.
My history includes:
- 6 prior Start-Ups of my own.
- Serve on numerous advisory boards to multiple universities providing guidance to developing strong startup curriculum.
- Helped successfully launch 19 businesses in 2014 that equated to $265,000 in first year revenues.
- Mentored 37 success startups in 2015 that resulted in $610K in revenues and over 500 jobs created.
- Created a Virtual Boot-Camp for startup ideas to become small businesses that resulted in 143 successful launches in 2016.
- Built local SCORE Chapter in to one of the most successful launch pads for idea generators in the country.
- Constantly doing public speaking engagements that are geared towards the every day grinder in small business.
- Over 1700+ jobs created in 2016 alone based off the mentoring success to startup and struggling small businesses globally.
- WA State Mentor of the Year 2014/2015/2016.
If you select me as your mentor, be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get to work. If you want to have the ultimate dream of small business ownership bad enough, I will give you all the tools and resources you need to be successful. Let's get to work!
Areas of Expertise
- Business Finance & Accounting
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Business Operations
- Human Resources & Internal Communications
- Sales, Marketing & Public Relations
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- Personal Services and Wellness
- Marketing, Advertising and Creative Services
- Technology and Web-Based Services
- Consulting, Research and Business Services
- Retail and Wholesale Trade
Master's Degree at the University of Maryland: School of Engineering with Masters in Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
BA Social Sciences with Economics Emphasis from Washington State University
BA Corporate Communications from Portland State University
Continued Education Courses / Certifications University of Virginia; Business Course (Small Business Strategies) University of Penn (Effective Small Business Management) University of Michigan (Customer Relationship Management)